cold day
06 November 2005

On Saturday I was at the river Elbe and I have taken some pictures. It was a sunny day and it was so warm that I could wear a t-shirt. Why cold day? I explain this later...
I was at McDonald's, I have bought a Bic Mac and a Cheeseburger for me, I wanted to eat these at the bank from the river Elbe. I had unpacked the Bic Mac and immediately I had more than one hundred "beggar" around me.

Here are some of the "beggars", seagulls, wild ducks and a crow...



Don't forget the brant! The seagull on the right next to the brant looks like a model, but she was very underhanded. This seagull was the most bulldog and gripped after the Cheeseburger when I put it into my mouth. The Cheeseburger fell on the ground and all beggars attack my food. The seagulls have eaten up even the meat, therefore they are also called rats of the air...



I have sat two hours alone at this place and read a book.



When I wanted to drive home I stopped at a quayI and made more photos. Here is a excursion boat and the tower on the left side in the picture is the atomic power plant of our city.



My new digital camera has a autotimer and I wanted to take a picture from me with that. I hate pictures of myself but I had promised a good friend a photo with a smile from me. Shortly before the first pillar I am slip and fallen backward into the water. I was lucky that I before had put my digi cam down on another pillar. The water was very very cold and the wind made the feeling not better.

The water of the Elbe smells very unpleasant and now I had a problem...I had to drive home with my car and didn't want to soil my seats in the car. I have undress my wet clothes at my car and I have kept on only my boxer shorts. I have met my buddy Stevie at a traffic light with his wife Lena, the two stood with her car next to me...

Lena: (she laughed) Why you sit naked in your car?
Stephan: I am not naked, I have my shorts on.
Lena: (confused) Is everything all right with you?
Stephan: (sarcastic) I haven't paid my water bill, therefore I have taken a bath in the river.
Lena & Stevie: We call you tomorrow!

My friends know my strange humor.

I'm a dork...


Blogger Mauser*Girl said...

HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! :D

I'm sorry but I can't help laughing about you falling into the Elbe and driving home naked. Well, sort of naked. :D (Time to keep a blanket in the trunk - "just in case")

Glad the new camera didn't get wet, though. The photos are wonderful. Keep 'em coming.  

Blogger Calcarus said...

hahaha, thats an awesome story! i cant believe how visous your seagulls are! the seagulls here never go really close near you.
the photos are really wonderful! they're a great insite to another part of the world!
hahah.. your humor is great!
hope you dont get the flu again!!  

Blogger G said...

LOL, nick work stephan! I've fallen into a creek before, it stank too!

Had McDonalds aswell today!  

Blogger Jen said...

LOL LOL LOL!!! This story is too funny. You are a good friend to go to all that trouble to get a photo with a smile. I know youre friend apprecates all your efforts to do this for her : )  

Blogger JgStephan said...

@All - Laughing is healthy, I don't have any problems with that. :D

@Mauser*girl - I usually have always a blanket in the trunk, but on this day...

@Calcarus - The seagulls, wild ducks and the brant are very trusting, but the crow was careful. I haven't get the flue again!

@G - I'm sure the creek stank not so much as the Elbe. ;)

@Jen - The background should look good... :)  

Blogger JgStephan said...

Thank you Porter!
You have started a new blog? That's great!!  

Post a Comment