tank museum Munster
19 October 2005

Last week I was in the German tank museum in the city Munster. On Monday I wanted to drive with a friend but Martin has canceled. I have nevertheless driven with my two nephews. On Thursday Martin has spoken on the phone to me and asked whether I come along on Friday. The museum is very big, you needed more time than one day to look at everything and therefore I have gone once again.

I show photos of four well known German tanks in this post. Within the next days I show further and even rarer German tanks. In addition photos of the uniform from Field Marshal Erwin Rommel and many many more...


This is a Panzer III design M(Ausfuehrung M).


It was manufactured in the year 1942 and was a part of the German Afrika Korps. The tank was destroyed by the crew west of Tunis in May 1943.



This is a Panzer IV design G(Ausfuehrung G).


It was manufactured in September 1942 ansd served with the 15. Panzerdivision in North Africa.

The tank was captured by British troops in the end of 1942.



This is a Panzer V design A(Ausfuehrung A) "Panther".


It is a leader tank with radio equipment.

France sold the "Panther" in 1946 to Sweden. The tank served until the year 1961 in the Swedish Army.



This is a Panzer VI B design B (Ausfuehrung B) "Tiger II".


The Tiger II was also called "King-Tiger"

All tanks are roadworthy, the Tiger II unfortunately not.

The pictures can be looked big, with a click on the pic. If somebody liked to see detail pictures from these tanks, then write an email to me.

JgStephan@email.de


Blogger Calcarus said...

wowa, the tanks look wonderful, my personal favourite has always been the tiger, such a powerful tank!
haha, i think thats heaps funny how france sold one of the tanks to sweden.. etc.
i had never before really thought about what happened to all the war equipment, etc after the war.
thanks for the making me think and showing some great photos.  

Blogger JgStephan said...

The Tiger is really very impressive and also my favourite!

I still write later something to the point with the equipment.  

Blogger JgStephan said...

Thank you Porter!
Unfortunately they did not have the M1A1 Abrams in the museum and I know this tank only from photos.  

Blogger Vince Wai said...

Those are very nice pics. Tiger tanks are also my most favourite WWII tanks. Actually the first model that I'd built is the Tamiya Tiger I and got hooked in military modelling since then:-)  

Blogger Chuang Shyue Chou said...

Thanks for sharing and posting these. I have always wanted to visit the museum at Munster.


When you were a paratrooper, did you have any experience with the Wiesel vehicles?  

Post a Comment