Bergedorf Castle
29 September 2005

Bergedorf is a district from the city Hamburg, in the north of Germany.
I have worked in Bergedorf in a company for ten years. We had an hour lunch break every day and I have spent these time mostly in the big palace garden. It is the only castle on Hamburg's area from the medieval times.

Originally stood here a water-castle which has Albrecht von Orlamuende build in the year 1220. The dukes of Saxony took the castle some years later. The Hanseatic citys Luebeck and Hamburg conquered the castle in 1420.

Hamburg and Luebeck together dominate over Bergedorf for almost 450 years, into the European history a unequaled long time period.

Since the 15th century the castle was rebuilt and enlarged repeatedly. In 1868 bought Hamburg Luebeck's shares for 200,000 Taler and became an alone owner.

In the photos you only recognizes very few, since the sun was rising at this moment. On the last photo, the moon can be seen in the sky.
Click on the photos to zoom in.


Blogger Sonja said...

It's beautiful! I especially like the sunrise lighting. Keep taking pictures!!!  

Blogger Mauser*Girl said...

That's beautiful! :D  

Blogger Forzavryheid said...

JGSTEPHAN: I could just sit and look at these type of photographs for such a long time.

GREAT photos, keep 'em coming buddy!!  

Blogger JgStephan said...

Thank you to everyone!! :)

Porter, this with the ban it's a pity.
I already look forward to photos of Iraq, but don't let catch yourself!  

Blogger Jen said...

Pictures like this make me want to go explore. Its not enough to see it from the outside. I want to peek in...lol As aways I loved the photos.
Good Luck with your first Halloween party too. I want to see pictures of this : )  

Blogger JgStephan said...

Thank you Jen!
I will find out whether I may make pictures also in the castle.

I show you pictures of the Halloween party, promised.  

Post a Comment