bullshit day
21 September 2005

Yesterday was a bullshit day, I got bad news. But the weather was very good!
I move around through the Dueneberg forest for relaxation. Dueneberg and Kruemmel is a quarter from the city in which I live.
In these forest was a very large ordnance factory located in both world wars. Today it is a lonelier and quieter place.

The ordnance factory was destroyed to the largest part on 7th April 1945 like the ordnance factory in the quarter Kruemmel. On this day 350 tons bombs were thrown off B-24 Liberator bombers from the 2nd/20th BG from 2nd AD on Dueneberg.

Few minutes later was the 14th/96th BG with his Liberator bombers over Kruemmel and threw off 452 tons bombs.
The ordnance factory in Kruemmel is older than in Dueneberg and was built from Alfred Nobel in the year 1865. He lived some years in our city and he invented the dynamite.

The photos which I made, are not good, but the photos obtain an impression of our landscape.

That is the largest received building in Dueneberg.

Grass, bushes and trees grew also at wartime on the roofs, these were cultivated for camouflage.

There are very many high dunes in this area. Because of these dunes the quarter of our city is called Dueneberg.

The forest consists of coniferous trees and deciduous trees.

The most lanterns are still located in the forest.

Only few were destroyed at the bomb attacks.

The walls are broke or over-grow.

And still more

The sun goes down and I must fast away from the forest. In the darkness it is very dangerous at this place.

Outside of the forest, a last view over a meadow...


Blogger Mauser*Girl said...

That's neat. I like old buildings like that, and they're great to photograph, too.  

Blogger JgStephan said...

I start the next tour earlier, so I can take photos of the remote buildings and bunker. I wasn't at the most interesting ones yet.  

Blogger Forzavryheid said...

I agree with Mauser*girl. (No surprises there!!)

These historical landmarks and natural beauty surrounding them are fascinating to look at.

GOOD JOB BUDDY!!

(More please- keep 'em coming)  

Blogger JgStephan said...

Thank you Adrian!
These landscape looks like a sunken world, it's really fascinating to look at.
In other woods in our area you meets always people, I have no people seen there, only birds, deers and others animals.

On Saturday or Sunday I make more pictures.  

Blogger Jen said...

I love these pictures..I just read your post you linked about the Baltic...I loved it! Im very sorry for the loss of your friend though that is very sad.
Thank you for the comments on my blog : ) I agree with you.  

Blogger G said...

I'm currently a student, and we're studying WW2 history right now (exams soon!) so this is of particular interest to me at the moment.

It's fascinating to see the actual buildings. Gives insight into "what it was like".

Be great if you could get some more!  

Blogger JgStephan said...

Thank you Jen!
You have exactly written what I have thought in my short vacation. Your comparison with sand on the beach has reminded me of it.  

Blogger JgStephan said...

G, I make tomorrow photos in Kruemmel and on Sunday in Dueneberg.

I have some books about the WW2. If you have questions at that time, I like to help you, I will at least try this.
All the best with your exams!!  

Post a Comment