a calm place
14 September 2005


I have made already longer no entry in my Blog.

I sat this evening two hours alone at this calm place.
My friends pleased the photos of my last entry and I hope this photo please you also. There is no flower, but I will see sufficient in some days.

Behind me is the high bank of the river Elbe with bombed bunker from the World War II. It is hardly conceivable that before sixty years the hell raved here. It was the famous day of the "ramming hunters" on 7th April 1945.

My dad celebrated his fifth birthday on this day. He and his brother was alone, like me on this day. My grandparents died 1943 at bomb attacks in Hamburg. Some hours ago I had to remember, therefore I write it now.
I love my dad and I hope he become very old.

Since Monday is my best buddy Tobias with his wife on honeymoon. He called me a while ago on my cell phone. In some days I show photos of the wedding ceremony here and write my experiences. I didn't forget it.


Blogger Forzavryheid said...

Yes VERY beautiful buddy!

I always wanted to visit germany, and now when Im a stones throw away (in the UK) I dont make the time to do it and now Im going home again... DOH!!

One day I will though, I promise! : )

DEUTSCHLAND UBER ALLES  

Blogger Diana Kennedy said...

How beautiful. You should defintely do something with these great landscape photos. Maybe publish a book at lulu or doing some computer wallpapers / desktop themes with them.

Happy birthday to your dad.  

Blogger Mauser*Girl said...

Beautiful photo, as always! By the way, did you get the job???  

Blogger G said...

When I'm in Sweden next year, I'll have to make a trip down to Germany at some point.

It's amazing! There's the beautiful natural landscape combined with the amazing history!  

Blogger JgStephan said...

Thanks my friends!! :)

@Dreadcow - That is amazing! In which state are you grew up? If this question is permitted to me.

Such beautiful places become unfortunately ever more rarely in our area. Everywhere will houses, wind-force-wheels and other things built.

@Adrian - South Africa is nevertheless a good comfort and I'm curious on your pictures! Say it betimes to me if you visit Germany, the first beer goes on me!

@Diana - I think for a book I'm not good enough.
Computer wallpapers / desktop themes? I have two left hands but I will try it. ;)

My blemish, my dad has birthday on 7th April 1940. My language skills...
I must absolutely write you something this evening in German.

@Mauser*girl - I have for the moment no more time, I write you later from the job.  

Blogger JgStephan said...

Mauser*girl - You know my luck...
Yesterday had the boss an accident with his car. I thought only of an excuse and I wanted to put the head into the sand. Sometimes I think my life is an whole accident.

The boss called me this morning. Tomorrow at eight o'clock I have a date with him in his company in Hamburg. :)
I have a good feeling, keep your fingers crossed for me.


G, if you drive from Sweden to Germany, you come directly to Schleswig-Holstein. I live in this most northern province in Germany. I'm interested much in history and I know all objects of interest. If you need a guide, you must say it to me.

The best is, you drives from Sweden over Denmark to Germany. In Roskilde/Denmark you can regard ships from the Vikings, swords and gold jewelry, which were lifted from the mudflat in the Roskilde fjord.
You are musical, you have certainly heard from this city.  

Blogger Diana Kennedy said...

Stephan, if you need any advice or help in doing desktop-themes and wallpapers, let me know.

And you are wrong. Your photos ARE good enough for a book.  

Blogger Forzavryheid said...

Hey Buddy!

If you come to SA, the first beer is on me too!!

See you soon- I hope!!

(In EITHER Germany OR South Africa)  

Blogger Jen said...

This is so beautiful. You live in a beautiful place too. I cant wait to see more photos. : )  

Blogger JgStephan said...

@Diana - The offer is very nice from you! :)
I get in touch with you within some weeks if I have sufficient photos, but only if you have the time for it.

I say nothing to your second sentence...

@Adrian - It's a deal!!

@Jen - Some places here are very beautiful, this is correct.
I make more photos, I promise this to you. :)  

Blogger Diana Kennedy said...

Stephan, Ich habe Dir gerade auf Deinen Traum-Komentar bei mir geantwortet. :-)  

Blogger Serena said...

The pictures you're posting are so beautiful-- I can't wait 'til I make my way to Germany (sometime this year or early next Spring).
I'm with Dreadcow-- it looks a lot like where I grew up in the States.  

Blogger Forzavryheid said...

How did SCHRODER win AGAIN???

Scheiste. (?)  

Blogger Forzavryheid said...

Sie sind eine Legende  

Blogger JgStephan said...

@Serena - Thank you! I recommend you a visit in the Saarland or in the area of the river Mosel. In my opinion the most beautiful landscape Germanys.

@Dreadcow - Look whether my following pictures also remind you of Minnesota. ;)
I like America and its landscape very much, I particularly love the southern states.

@Adrian - This isn't decided yet. :)
I'm a legend? Why?

This have friends said to me today, too. However, they weren't sure, either a legend or crazy. ;)  

Blogger G said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.  

Blogger G said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.  

Blogger G said...

Stephan, who did you vote for in the recent German elections?

The CDU went in with solid prospects but came out with much less than expected.

Wonder what will happen...

and im afraid i havent seen (or heard of!) roskilde, having a look at it though (the website). Looks like a bloody huge music festival! Might be worth having a look at if I pass through around that time!  

Blogger JgStephan said...

G, the decision was very difficult for me, but I have vote for the CDU. However, I don't quite approve of the program from CDU either.

Here is a very strange comparison to describe my feelings.
My doctor asks me, which ones illness you would like? Aids, Hansen's disease or pestilence?
You must decide to favor for an disease!

The most important to me is Schröder, Fischer, Trittin and many other idiots must disappear from our government!


I can recommend you Roskilde very much!!  

Blogger G said...

I think the expression in English is the "lesser of two evils". Everyone's had a choice at some point like that.  

Blogger JgStephan said...

Thank you G, I have learned something again! :)  

Post a Comment