My first sold photo
09 October 2006

On 4th October I got a great phone call. Nearly two months ago I offered my photo "German Tornado" to the biggest German newspaper Bildzeitung and I have thought they aren't interested. Here can you see the photos in my blog. The newspaper assistant told me, perhaps they will use my photo and I get money for it.
On Friday 5th October, by the way it's Jen's birthday, I bought the newspaper and I saw my photo. You can see my photo in about 4 million newspapers in whole Germany!


Here can you see the article, my first sold photo.
I got 500,- Euro(about US$630) for the photo and 50 percent from the following receipts, when the newspaper sell the photo to other newspapers. That made my day and now I'm very happy.

Usually I should save the money, but I think I will fulfill a desire for me and buy a digital SLR camera. The Canon EOS 300D was always my favorite, but Canon not sell the camera anymore and I wouldn't buy a second-hand camera without manufacturer guaranty. Now is the Canon EOS 350D(8 megapixel) or Canon EOS 400D(10 megapixel) my favorite.

Since 9th October is these post in my drafts and now I submit it. I was depressed and therefore has nobody heard from me, Jen was the only friend who got a email because she had birthday. Jen told me again and again I should try to sell one of my photos and I think it's a big chance that it happened on her birthday.

On Friday the 3rd November I got the new Canon EOS400D with the mail and it's really a great camera. Unfortunately I couldn't take many photos yet, because the weather is very bad in the moment.


Here can you see my new SLR camera. :)


Blogger Sonja said...

That's awesome! Congratulations!  

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Fantastic! I am glad you invested the money in some serious technology Stephan... now we want more pics!  

Blogger Forzavryheid said...

Good job buddy!!

Im glad you got money for your phot- and really happy that it happened on Jens birthday.

DEFINITELY a good sign!! : )

See you in October?  

Blogger Jen said...

OH MY GOSH this is what I get for not checking your blog often enough. YOU stopped posting for so long I thought maybe you had quit!

WOW!!!! I AM SO PROUD OF YOU! Congratulations on the new camera too. I think it was a good investment in equipment and in YOU. You have an eye for this..and now theres no excuse to not try and sell more.

This is really awesome Stephan I am so happy for you.

ps: Keep posting Ive missed you.  

Blogger Diana Kennedy said...

Big congratulations for that. i am pretty sure that you will get very fr with your talents as a photographer, therefore buying a new camera from what the BILD paid you was a good investment.

I just think that they should have pay you even more for that awesome photo. After all, its a rare photo, you don't get to see a tornado in Germany every day, even if they do indeed increase with global warming. But 500 Euro ist good, too.  

Post a Comment