Felix the cat
21 April 2006

My older sister works unsalaried in a old people's home in our city and since about one year she know a old and very friendly retiree. He had a nine year old cat with the name Felix and the cat was his best friend. The man couldn't walk and he pet Felix the whole day, it was a cuddly cat.

The man died last week and since this day the cat wouldn't eat. The relatives would euthanize Felix and my sister had rescued him. He had nothing eaten the last days and six hours ago I had pet him about one hour. Felix began to purr, I tried to give him some food and he ate the cat food from my hand. I am so lucky about this...
Tomorrow I will take some photos and I hope he like it.


Blogger RobC said...

I am so glad that you and your sister have rescued Felix.
Hope he gives you as much joy as he did to his previous owner.

All the best from South Africa  

Blogger Consul-At-Arms said...

Good for you! Thanks for taking in Felix the Cat.  

Blogger Mauser*Girl said...

I'm glad you were able to save Felix from being euthanized.

I never understood why peoples' relatives see that as the solution when the human passes away. I understand not everyone wants a cat, but they could at least post an ad trying to find the cat a new home instead of wanting to have it euthanized right away!

Glad he's eating, too! :) And he is SUCH A CUTIE. I hope he gets along with Alina eventually.  

Blogger Jen said...

I dont think people give animals enough credit sometimes for having feelings or becoming as attached to their owners as we are to them.

Im glad you got him to respond Stephan. Maybe you are exactly what he needed. Just someone who would show him some love.  

Blogger Diana Kennedy said...

Animals can mourn very hard on the loss of a beloved guman or fellow animal. Very, very good you have rescued him. He may find back to live in his new home.  

Post a Comment