the curse
20 August 2005

Yesterday at noon I have fetched my new(old) car from the dealer. It's a VW Golf and I have liked this one very much. The test drive over one week ago has proceeded without problems and the VW almost looks like a new car.

In the afternoon the vehicle suddenly caused problems and the engine is permanent at stutter. On Monday I have an appointment with the car dealer. The best is coming now, I was shop and an unknown rammed my car and did hit-and-run driving. The damage isn't very big but the scrapes are not a advantage at a complaint...

In addition, the day had its good sides, I was with my buddy Matthias by his parents and the father has borrowed me several books. Two picture books over the state Virginia(Tidewater Virginia & Colonial Virginia) and two books about the American civil war(The Illustrated History of the Civil War & Weapons of the Civil War). :) He also has a Remington .44 caliber "Old Army" Model revolver of 1861 at home which he has brought from America. I have shot with this model some years ago, but yesterday unfortunately not.

I have an interview today and I need the car for this job. Actually I wanted to visit thereafter my ill cousin in Oldenburg and I wanted to spend the rest of the weekend by my aunt in Grossenbrode at the Baltic Sea. I have delayed the journey now. However if the car is repaired and I have the time, I make this up.


Blogger G said...

Good luck on the job, have fun with the car and have a great holiday!

My car is an old 1988 Nissan Pintara (similar to a Nissan Skyline) that I picked up last year. I love her to bits, but I've also thrashed her to bits.  

Blogger Diana Kennedy said...

Ow, sounds your car really had some bad karma. Cars can be a headache. I hope that it willbe fixed in time and wish you also best luck for the interview!  

Blogger Mauser*Girl said...

I hope the dealership won't give you a hard time about fixing your car. It's a shame when dealers try to rip people off. They must think everyone has a lot of money to spare for repairs that should've been done before they sold the car.  

Blogger Serena said...

shit happens *wink*

Good luck on the interview!  

Blogger Forzavryheid said...

Hey Buddy!

If it comes time to change the car, GO HONDA!

Those cars last FOREVER!

Good luck witht he interview!!  

Blogger JgStephan said...

@G - Thanks! I like the appearance of your Nissan. I generally like older cars, the new cars are too round for me and they look almost the same. In my opinion a car must have corners and edges.

@Diana - Thanks! Not my car, I have a bad karma, particularly at my cars. ;)
The stories about it are very extensive and I will write an entry about this into my Blog the next days.

@Mauser*girl - I agree with you. But I should save me sufficient money for repairs at my bad luck.

@Serena - Thanks! Shit happens, this is true. But unfortunately too often.

@At80 - Thanks! The vehicles from Honda are really very reliable. My buddy Matthias, with whom I was at the Baltic Sea some weeks ago, drives a Honda Accord. A nice car but it has a great disadvantage - repairs of also the wear parts are very expensive. The exchange of the brake disk and brake pads cost the triple, as for my old Mercedes!

The interview has proceeded very well! :)  

Post a Comment