death penalty
25 July 2005

There isn't any death penalty in Germany, anyway not at humans.
Constitution-adversarial(verfassungsfeindliche)trees were executed some years ago.
You are certainly surprised, how can be a tree an enemy of the constitution or not?
Over sixty years ago trees were grown and you could recognize a swastika. But only from the air perspective.

http://archives.cnn.com/2000/WORLD/europe/12/04/germany.swastika.reut/
http://www.berlinonline.de/berliner-zeitung/archiv/.bin/dump.fcgi/2000/1205/lokales/0023/
http://www.zeit.de/2004/34/Stimmts_Hakenkreuzwald

Some years ago I had read from it. Now I have rediscovered the link , I was looking for a list where the in Germany forbidden symbols are listed.
When I had found the name constitution-adversarial trees, I had to laugh first time because trees behave normally very peacefully.

Much is forbidden in Germany because Neo-Nazis abuse these symbols. An example, in some schools clothes are forbidden, on which the number 18 is to be seen. Why?
The first letter of the alphabet is an A and the eighth an H. Perhaps this could be the abbreviation of the German head of state(1933-1945).

I am very glad for it we had the swastika and not knives and fork as nationality markings at that time. Were it would have been the cutlery, we must certainly eat with the fingers today. ;)

I find it well that the right-wing radicalism am fought but particularly the many bans remember me to this bad time.


Blogger JgStephan said...

I have nothing against to cut down the trees, I didn't want to say this.

Other bans however are exaggerated in my opinion.
The number 18 isn't offending and I see in it even an advantage.
Because of the prohibition the young people will not change their opinion, completely in the opposite.
And nothing is better anyway as if the "enemy" reveals himself. The teachers recognize better the problematic students and should talk with them intensively.

I answer your question later.
This is a very complicated topic and my knowledge of English doesn't make this simpler.  

Blogger JgStephan said...

There are many neo-Nazis but they wear normal clothes and you doesn't recognize them. Only few wear bomber jackets, combat boots and have shaved heads.

Almost 30,000 inhabitants live in my hometown and I haven't seen any skinhead for over 10 years.
In remote villages, particularly in the former East-Germany they show their true face.

There are many foreign gangs in our town and crimes are committed every day.
My 11 years old nephew was thrashed by ten Turks some months ago and his values were stolen. My sister was at the police department and wanted to report the criminals. The police warned her against it since then we must reckon with a revenge deed.

One of my best friends is half a Turk and his girlfriend was annoyed. He was smashed up and hurt seriously by several people. His jaw and the nose were broken repeatedly by kicks into the face.
These two haven't got hostile to foreigners but with many other persons is it like that.

I was already robbed with a knife, too and had to be treated in the hospital. I have many good foreign friends and I would never condemn all foreigners.
Many people feel threatened and get hostile to foreigners through this.

Within the last few years the people have got more hostile to foreigners. It is alarming if you hears the people talking.  

Blogger Diana Kennedy said...

Evil Nazi-Trees, how dare they? They deserve to be reduced down to paper in order to print photos of Mister Ströbele on it.
18 - I know it was an offending number, but I associatet it with the historical more recent attempt of the FDP-Party to get 18 % of votes. Anyway, that proves that "18" is no good. Sounds like "Ey, Teen!" a disrespectfull call to young persons...The more I think about it, the more I am sure that we should simple prohibit that number and continue with 19 after 17  

Blogger JgStephan said...

Mr. Stroebele would have problems with that as a member of the party "Die Gruenen".
Firstly because it is printed on bad paper and secondly it was not produced from recycled material. "grin"

Now where you say it, I see the connection to Moellemann's election campaign, too. It is a good idea to forbid the number 18. You know certainly the results of the Pisa study - only very few people would notice the lack of the number. ;)  

Blogger Sonja said...

I'm glad we're rid of these evil trees! ;)  

Post a Comment