Baltic Sea
15 August 2005


Sun Posted by Picasa

In the week before the last I was on the Baltic Sea island Fehmarn for three days. My buddys Matthias and Sven had persuaded me. We wanted to stay with our tents on a camp site but all places were overcrowded. Although it is forbidden, we took the risk and built up our tents directly on the beach and we had there a lot of fun. The bad picture shows the sunrise from the point of view of my tent.
The water was very cold but I have taken a bath repeatedly every day.

Every evening we have made a barbecue and after this a bonfire. We have drunk a lot of alcohol, talked about the old days and laughed very much. Nevertheless the next shower was very far away and I made me on the way. When I was at our tents again I said this to my friends "I really feel fresh again". I had just expressed this sentence and a seagull shits on my head... Shit happens!
The beach was blotched with pointed stones and this hurt at the feet. After these three days I noticed a thorn in my foot. My foot has swollen up strongly and I must to the hospital for two days.

When we were again at home, we have experienced that a very good buddy died. Erik was epileptic, got an bout and brought down with his head against a radiator. He died of a fractured skull in front of his wife and his baby. He has got only twenty-five years old.


Blogger Forzavryheid said...

It is sad to hear about the loss of a good friend, buddy.

Its never easy to deal with it, but Im sure you have plenty of good memories to hold on to and it will feel like he never really left.

I offer my deepest sympathies to you and his family.  

Blogger Serena said...

Salut!
I just hopped over from Adrian's site. I like your blog and will be back.
I lost a friend to epilepsy as well. He skateboarding and fell into traffic while having an attack. He was also very young. Like you said, "Shit Happens." I am very sorry for your loss and his family's.
Keep blogging.  

Blogger Diana Kennedy said...

Yeah, sad news. First you had a really good weekend at the beach and then this one. Epilepsy is a curse.

:'-(  

Blogger Daydream Queen said...

People dying young is a curse. But hell, life is full of awful shit. Sorry you have to go through that anyways, dying's always hard on the living.  

Blogger G said...

I hope the family is coping, and anyone who knew the bloke.

Poor guy. I feel for them.  

Post a Comment