gasoline record
18 July 2005

We have a new record in Germany, gasoline is as expensive as never before.
A litre of gasoline costs euro 1.30!
This means a U.S. gallon would cost approximately $ 4.80 in Germany!

I still dream about a 65'er Ford Mustang or a Corvette, but a small car is already unaffordable.
We have a big garden, perhaps I should buy a donkey for me...


Blogger Mauser*Girl said...

That's a lot of money for a gallon of gas, but it's expensive here, too. We currently pay about $2.40 a gallon in our area. I'm glad we have the new car, it gets much better gas mileage than our old truck. ^^  

Blogger Sonja said...

A donkey could also fertilize the lawn and fight off burglars. However, if you wanted to ride it to get from A to B, you might want to consider a, shall we say, more cooperative animal.  

Blogger Diana Kennedy said...

Yeah, and when the donkey is down, you can maka salami of it. Beats every car!  

Blogger JgStephan said...

@european - Of course a horse is more cooperative but I have negative experiences with this animal.
When I was still a little boy, I have fed a horse with straw and my hair was at that time very fair blonde. I wanted to lift straw of the ground and the horse has bitten into my hair. Very painful!

@dreadcow - This is a nice offer! If you don't get any donkey, you also can send me Saddam. If it doesn't go fast enough, I could use a whip with a clear conscience. With the four-legged animal I would have a guilty conscience. ;)

@diana - I really cannot eat up my companion after he has rendered services loyal to me. "grins"  

Blogger Diana Kennedy said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.  

Blogger Diana Kennedy said...

Yeah, I understand your feelings. Tough, sometimes it's better to eat an old donkey / horse, rather than let it die from hunger because of chewed down teeth...but that's a difficult subject.

Yes, horses tend to mistake blond hair for straw. I had the same problem as a child. hehe...;-)  

Blogger JgStephan said...

I must agree with you there.

This is unbelievable, I have a fellow-sufferer. :D  

Blogger Forzavryheid said...

WOW!

In South Africa, where I come from, its 50p (R5.00) a litre of petrol.  

Blogger JgStephan said...

The gasoline prices in South Africa are really fantastic!

I have the feeling I live in the wrong country...  

Post a Comment