problems and problems
26 January 2006

I have many problems and in the last time more and more problems...

I write this post on the computer from my nephew because my computer is damaged some hours ago, perhaps the hard disk. Probably I have lost all addresses, my photos, application documents, about two hundred scans from the book "Wir Maedel", everything. The computer is one of the most important things in my life.

Since several weeks I have pain in the back and on Monday I have an appointment with the doctor. After a motorbike accident in 1993 my doctor told me perhaps I get problems with my back some years later. Perhaps I must have an operation, my leg must be broken and I get some metal bars in my leg. I thought I don't get any problems and the doctor is wrong, but now I am worried. Perhaps I think to much, I don't know...

The good news from today I have become another gift from Mauser*girl and SGT Trueman, a movie with Nicholas Cage. Thank you very much! In some minutes I will watch the movie.


Blogger Mauser*Girl said...

Hi Stephan -

A lot of the time, computer stores can rescue your data if something happens to your drive, so hopefully that will be the case!

Don't worry too much about the back pain. A lot of the time people get back pain if they are stressed. I do. Usually a massage helps a lot and a product called Absorbine Jr. (it's a mentholated skin rub).  

Blogger JgStephan said...

At the moment is my life frightfully and I try to see the things positive and not so negative. I personally have rescue the most of my data and now I am happy!! My application documents, my photos, many reenactment pictures and photos from you are intact. Some data I have lost but the most important things are intact. :)

The computer store coudn't help...but I have demounted the hard disk, set the "jumper" from primary to slave, installed the hard disk to my nephews computer and copied the most things. The assistant said he couldn't rescue the data. HAH! I have done it, it's a good feeling!

I have thought a lot of my back pain and also about the stress factor...now you say it and I hope you are right. The psyche is very important...
A massage is very expensive, perhaps paid my health insurance. If not and I must have an operation anyway, then I write it betimes. Thanks for your words, it gives me hope.  

Blogger Mauser*Girl said...

Good to hear you could save all that stuff on your computer!

To be honest, I know a lot about computers but I wouldn't have known how to do *that*! So, good for you for knowing how to save your data.

As for your back - you don't need to get an expensive massage. Just buy a mentholated skin rub. I don't know what brands you have in Germany but Icy Hot, Bengay, or Absorbine Jr. are the ones we get here. You could even use Tiger Balm or a similar product if you have an Asian store near you. Just have someone put it all over your back for you.  

Blogger Diana Kennedy said...

Ow, these are those days when all the bad things seem to come together. But they will pass. Crashed computers are one of the worst things ever. I know, they can be like a mirror of our inner life where al what is important is stored. So I am happy to hear that the most could have been saved. As for your back, I agree with Mauser*Girl. Most peoiple have pain in the back. (me too) There are a lot of treatments that can be tried out before one have to go really serious. Maybe its also because of the cold. When it is cold like this, I usually feel every little problem I have in my bones. Keep the back warm. let someone rub it with tiger balm indeed (works very well) and try to relax. All my best wishes for that black cloud to go away soon!  

Blogger Jen said...

Im glad to hear the computer isnt a complete loss..I have lost one before because of lightening..so I know how frustraiting that can be. You have been very stressed lately so I have to agree with Mauser girl...Sometimes a nice hot bath or shower will help ease over tight muscles too. I hope things get better Stephan. Octoberfest is right around the corner.. : )  

Blogger JgStephan said...

@Mauser*girl - You are a computer expert and I am sure you would have the knowledge to do that. ^^

Thank you for the good advise, mentholated skin rub had help a little bit. :)

@Diana - Thank you Diana, you are completely right. It is very cold I feel every little problem in my bones, too. You know I had many broken bones in the last years...

@Jen - I am sorry to hear that. :(
A hot bath help, that's right and I do this every day, my zodiac sign is fish... ;)

I am so curious and I can't wait till October, I wish I had a time machine! "lol"  

Post a Comment