river horse Bulette
02 January 2006

The oldest river horse of Europe died on December 31st in Berlin.



The hippo Bulette was born 1952 and his father was the famous hippo Knautschke from the Berlin zoo. Knautschke was born in the year 1943 and he was the star of of the Berlin zoo. Before the world war 2 had the zoo about 10000 animals, only 91 survived and the hippo was one of the survivors. The zoo was heavily bombed and Knautschke was also disabled by a bomb. In the year 1988 died Bulettes father.

In my childhood I saw the both river horses, when I was with my parents in Berlin.


Blogger Mauser*Girl said...

People don't call them "river horses" here - just "hippos". (That's short for hippopotamus, which most Americans can't spell. ;P)  

Blogger Serena said...

I saw the hippos when I was in Berlin! I was at the zoo on the 20th. They were huge, and I took several pictures-- stay tuned, they're coming.  

Post a Comment