it's sooo cold
16 January 2006

The last days were very cold in Northern Germany and it becomes colder and colder.


Some days ago I had taken these photo with a sunrise at the river Elbe. The river has a strong current, but nevertheless you can see ice floes in the water.


Every day is my car coated with ice and I must use a ice scraper for the windows. Not only the outside, even the inside is frozen and you can see snowflakes on the instrument panel. The snow is the scraped off ice from the windshield. You can see the time 9:15am but the time is wrong, it's in reality 8:15am. The summer time is still adjusted...


These photo is from today and the river is nearly completely frozen. My digital camera is made of metal and it was to cold to make more and better photos.


Blogger Sonja said...

I have goosebumps on your behalf!  

Blogger Jen said...

I love these photos too. You have missed your true calling Stephan. You need to be a photographer. : )  

Blogger Mauser*Girl said...

You should get a print account with DeviantArt and maybe with LuLu and sell your photos. Maybe you can make extra money that way! :)

Maybe you can make a calendar of photos on Lulu?  

Blogger JgStephan said...

@Euopean - You can be happy, you live in the warm California...

@Jen - I am glad you like these photos. :) I'm awfully sorry because I haven't answered your email, but tomorrow night I will write you a long one! You shouldn't read my answer to Mauser*girl's comment...I'm sure you don't like it. ;)

@Mauser*girl - I am not sure if anybody would buy my photos. Perhaps my photos are not bad, but there are too many and better photographers than me.

Probably I would have problems with a DeviantArt print account or LuLu, unfortunately I don't have experience with that.
The idea with a calendar is great and you are right, I should try it...nothing ventured, nothing gained! :)  

Blogger G said...

I saw these on deviantart earlier.

As said before, you're an excellent photographer Stephan. It's especially nice seeing some photos of snow and ice... and do you drive a convertible? It's funny seeing snow IN the car!

Take it easy  

Blogger Mauser*Girl said...

You don't really have anything to lose by giving Lulu a try - it's free! :) (Until you order copies of your work, anyway.)

And honestly, I don't see why people wouldn't buy your photos. It's not so much a matter of talent as it is a matter of selling yourself to prospective buyers.

There are loads better artists out there than me, but I emailed every newspaper I could think of to ask them if they would run my strip. Some of them do, some of them don't. But asking never hurt anyone. :)  

Blogger JgStephan said...

@G - You are right, I show these photo on DeviantArt earlier. Thank you for the compliment! :)

I don't drive a convertible... "lol" At first I would write these joke in my post but I had forgotten this.

@Mauser*girl - That is false modesty, you are a great artist and I love your artwork. :) To cite an example, your comic strips are very good drawn, they have a profound sense and they are very funny.
But I know what you mean and you are right.  

Blogger Jen said...

Im glad to see mauser*girl tells you exactly the same sort of things I do! Stop making reasons you cant do this and go for it..what do you have to loose...

Stop thinking of reasons you cant do something and think of ways you can : )  

Blogger JgStephan said...

I will do it Jen! :D I am glad to hear from you...  

Post a Comment