my bikes and cars
23 August 2005

I have experienced much with my vehicles and therefore I write this entry.
These were beautiful but also painful and mysterious experiences. I condemned and loved my motorized companions because they have made me independent.

I have made the moped driver's license in the year 1991. My parents gave me a new Vespa Super Bravo as a birthday present and I have driven the moped for a year. I had only problems with the Vespa and they began already on my birthday. My guests waited at home and I made a test drive. Away I had a breakdown and came home shoved after an hour.

In the year 1992 I made the driving licence for small motorcycles and I bought a Honda NSR for me.


On this photo I sit behind my NSR and check my tuning measure.
I liked the bike but I got backache on longer ways by the crooked seat position. Therefore I sold the NSR after half a year although it didn't have any technical problems.




Then I bought a Honda MTX R2 for myself which was very rare in Germany. Unfortunately, I have only this bad picture of my dearest MTX.


This Honda was also very reliable and I didn't have any problems. With this bike I participated in many motorcycle racing and I broke me some bones. I won also some illegal road races with it and I was well-known in the whole area. In August 1993 I got into a serious road accident and I had great happiness this my left leg didn't have to be amputated. I lay in the hospital for months and had to learn to go once again. The in the accident tangled up car was damaged strongly but my stable MTX had only some scratches. My body fulfilled the function as a hard muffler extremely effectively.
I still had to run on crutches for a long time and this didn't stop me to driving the bike. I stuck the crutches during the journey behind my armed forces backpack. When I have made my car driver's license in the year 1994, I had to hide the crutches in the bushes from the driving school. I would have never been allowed to drive in this condition. I was not simple to go normal with a partial load of the left leg so that it didn't stand out. On my eighteenth birthday I passed the driving test and I told my driving instructor of my crazy deed. He laughed and said, you are a crazy guy.

I had bought my first car, a Fiat Uno Turbo i.e. one week before the driving test.

A car of this size usually has 40 to 75 hp. However, this car had about 120 hp and it was a rocket with four wheels. But permanently broke something at this car. The most expensive was the turbocharger which had to be repaired twice. The side window is broken as I have closed the door of the car! A German proverb, Fiat = Fehler In Allen Teilen(failure in all parts). On slick ice I slipped into traffic lights and the car was seriously damaged. I repaired it and a friend destroyed the car at an accident some days later...

I bought a thrifty Golf 2 with 75 hp ends of the year 1994.

With the Golf 2 I have been in Denmark, Sweden and Holland. I had the car one year and it stood several months in the workshop because of technical problems. The defect in the engine electrical equipment was never found. The dealer made a good offer from fairness to me, for a new car.



My new Golf 3 was all right at the beginning.

In the middle of the year 1995 this car also caused problems and was very often in the workshop. In addition, it began strongly to rust although this is very atypical for these models. My sister bought 1996 a new Mercedes for herself and I got her old car of this manufacturer.






I have driven the old Mercedes 200D with only few problems for two years.

I'm on this involuntary photo, drive to Berlin with some friends. With this car I was often in Bavaria and also on the Oktoberfest.












I bought a Mercedes 200E for myself at the beginning of 1999.

The car is almost the same model as my previous Mercedes, only facelifted. My old car had visually suffered strongly during my army days and therefore I sold the 200D. My 200E had serious electrical equipment problems last and even Mercedes couldn't remove the problems. I have recently sold the car.



Of my new(old) Golf 3 I don't have any photo yet and I also have experienced nothing special. I had already reported from the car.

The Golf causes problems and the workshop cannot identify them...


Blogger Forzavryheid said...

Hey Buddy!

Learn from your biking days-

BUY HONDA!!  

Blogger Forzavryheid said...

LOL!

I just read your answer to my previous comment...

The parts may be expensive, but if you hardly ever have to replace them, surely that will save you money in the long run?

Having to service your car regularly at a dealer will cost a fortune!!

I just want a new Civic...  

Blogger Diana Kennedy said...

Beautiful photos.

Hehe...you forgot to smile on that nice photo taken by that friendly box working for the police! ;)  

Blogger JgStephan said...

@At80 - I'm still relatively young and teachable. I will choose a Honda as the next car. ;)
You have reported good arguments which are a consideration worth.

Another friend from me has the old Honda Civic with 75 hp. The Civic is faster than a Golf GTI with 115 hp in the acceleration to 120 Km/h. What is still more importantly in Germany, the car uses up very few gasoline!

@Diana - I'm generally very unphotogenic!
I usually make a affable face but at photos it is difficult for me. Even if it isn't police who take a photograph from me.
If the police had built a signpost in front of this, I could have tried to smile. ;)  

Post a Comment