My K98 rifle
21 June 2005


K98 Posted by Hello

In the last week I sold my K98 rifle at a very good price. It was manufactured by the company "Mauser" in the year 1943 and it was in a very good condition.

The weekend was much disappointing, I had made myself hope for a new job and had been unfortunately disappointed.
The weather was however very beautiful and it was very hot.

Yesterday I was several hours on an observation tower of our city. If the weather is good, you can see from there into the city Hamburg. I was completely alone and I has read a book until the sunset.


Blogger JgStephan said...

The buyer of the weapon wanted to procure a job for me, therefore I sold... shit!
Before approximately seven years I shot for the last time with the P38. In the year 1998 it was replaced at the German army by the Heckler & Koch P8.
The pistol P8 is also called Heckler & Koch USP.
The MG42 is used today still in the German army.
I fired the last shots with the MG42 from the hip and it made very much fun!  

Blogger JgStephan said...

My grandfather had the P38 in the Second World War and I had the pistol nearly one year before it was replaced in the year 1998!!
Everything was alike, only it was called P1 after the war.

The Beretta is a big piece of shit! I had jams with the Beretta, therefore I don't like the weapon.
The Colt 1911 is my favorite pistol!
I shoot also much better with the Colt 1911.
I have heard the Federal Bureau of Investigation shall have exchanged their 9mm pistols for the M1911 again, too.  

Blogger JgStephan said...

My grandfather serve at the west front until the bullet of a Frenchman pierced his shoulder.
At the eastern front he was very heavily wounded, a toe was torn off and a rifle bullet was in his lung.
Because he was damaged very strongly, he had to work in an ammunition factory.
In the year 1944 he was drawn again and heavily wounds from an American hand grenade.
The fragments from the grenade couldn't be removed and he lived with them till he died some years ago.  

Blogger JgStephan said...

Unfortunately vets are not well treated in our country.
Even completely unpolitical soldiers are insulted in Germany as Nazis.
Our former opponents of the world war have more attention for them, than their own government.

My grandfather got a small pension because of his injuries in the war.
The officials were always very unfriendly to my Grandfather and they said:
"The injuries are your fault, You have gone to the armed forces anyway!"
This stupid saying made me very furious.  

Blogger G said...

very interesting about german vets.... i figured as much personally - its a real shame. they were essentially forced to fight...

and its testamount to the great engineering skills of the germans that those weapons were still in use to that day.  

Post a Comment